Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good news & money

"Is this someone calling about good news or money?...No?...Well then, good-bye." (CLICK)

That's from this funny movie from the '60s, "A Thousand Clowns" -- not available on DVD, but on the recommendation of my dad I watched it when it was on PBS a few weeks ago. I thought of that line when my boss from the tutoring agency left me a voicemail last Tuesday, because she said, "I want to talk to you about two things -- I have another case for you if you're available, and I want to give you a raise." Good news AND money, all in one message! When I called her back, I learned that my tutoring pay has been increased by $5 an hour, retroactive to March 1st (!), and I agreed to start tutoring another student for TEN (!) hours a week (!!), beginning April 1st. I'm going to see how long I can do it, though, because this is a pre-school student with cognitive and social delays, and I've never worked with a pre-schooler before, so I don't really know what to do with her. At least I'll be working with her while she's at pre-school, so I won't be alone. Hopefully seeing her IEP (Individualized Education Plan) will shed some light.

This Tuesday I have an interview at a charter high school in Brooklyn -- I gave them my resume at that charter school job fair a few weeks ago. *fingers crossed*

4 comments:

  1. congratulations on all the blessings being poured into your life. good luck on your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I wouldn't mind getting one of those kind of phone calls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'll let you know how it goes. May you all receive similar phone calls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever got a call like that, I might start answering my phone again. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete