Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I take one day off & look what I miss!

Weeks ago I predicted that the weeks between Columbus Day and Veterans Day would be too long for me to work without a break, so I put in for a day off yesterday -- and I'm so glad I did. Yesterday morning, as soon as the math teacher showed up to work, Mitchell showed her two letters he had put in her file, one about not having her lesson plans on the database, and the other was something about her advisory class (probably for cutting out early all the time and making other teachers watch her students). Apparently when Mitchell showed her the letters, she got really mad and said she'd had it. She walked out at 8:30 AM, leaving no one to cover her classes, so other teachers had to cover for her until they finally got a sub in mid-afternoon. And they thought we couldn't afford subs before -- now we're down ANOTHER core teacher.

The other news is, last Friday after work, some of the teachers went out for drinks at a nearby bar. Two female elementary school teachers got into an argument about who had the better class, and they ended up getting into a fistfight over it -- yes, a FISTFIGHT! So now they're both suspended without pay for a few days. Although I abhor violence, the idea of primary school teachers coming to blows did make me chuckle. You have to laugh, right?? :O

4 comments:

  1. omgoodness...i swear when i read about your school and district i think u should be on a reality show. that is crazy that teachers would be fistfighting and over something so stupid. i can't wait to read about the next episode of teachers gone bad/wild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blackboard Jungle (Evan Hunter), updated to 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you first mentioned the fistfight, I wa spicturing a couple of guys. I never thought it was two women! I'm with Me- your school should so be a reality show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really should be! The two women who got into the fistfight were back at work by the end of last week, but apparently they don't speak to each other and are now bringing lawsuits against each other (!). Craziness....

    ReplyDelete